- De-barb the hook. Cover the shank with thread.
- Take a small bunch of olive marabou and tie in a tail at the hook bend, just above the back end of
the barb. The tail should be shank length.
- Dub a slim body up to a point just forward of the halfway point of the shank.
- Tie in the wing case, with the long end pointing out over the bend of the hook. Tie it in so that the shiny
side is up, because you will ultimately want the dull side up after bringing the wing case over the
- Tie in the mono eyes, about 1 eye-length behind the eye of the hook.
- Dub the first half of the thorax, making it a bit bulkier than the abdomen.
- For the legs, tie in a small bunch of olive marabou on each side of the hook, just in front of the half of
the thorax that you just completed. Pinch off the marabou so that it extends no farther back than the
point of the hook.
- Now dub the front half of the thorax, taking care not to disturb the legs. Dub a small amount of olive
rabbit around the eyes, using a figure eight motion.
- Bring the wing case over the thorax and tie off in front of the eyes. Trim the excess and form a nice,